Recruit a Student voor jouw perfecte studentenbaan
Watch the video for an impression of the bus.
This challenge will focus on the following 5 SDGs:
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable and renewable energy
- Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Make cities sustainable
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Action to combat climate change and its impact
For this challenge we have a dedicated jury formed by Dhr Prof. Dr. Ir M. Steinbuch, scientific director van TUE, Dhr M Noordam, CTO EMOSS and, Dhr J.J. Dietz, director of Recruit a Student. They will judge the first challenge according to the points below.
The new configuration of the bus should meet the following demands:
- transport at least 11 people including the driver
- range of minimal 250 km
- V2G possibility
- A speed of 90 km per hour
To achieve this the below mentioned sections will be judged. For each item you can get 5 points. Multiplied with the percentage this gives a maximum of 500 points.
- Indicate which solution you have to make the bus more sustainable 25%
- Is this solution scalable? 20%
- Initiate an LCA (life cycle analysis) of the chosen solution 15%
What is the CO2 footprint? 15%
- How is it ensured and guaranteed that the solution is robust? Are suppliers involved or is it a prototype? 10%
- Provide a breakdown of the costs for converting the bus 10%
- What are the expected operational costs per 1000 km’s driven 5%
It is possible to take a closer look at the bus in Breda. The bus will be on a special bridge where you can see all sides of the historical bus, so you will know what you are going to deal with. The following dates you will be able to come by November 5th, 11th and 12th. Each day will have 4 blocks of 2 hours to come by so check this spreadsheet which block is still free and send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve it for your team!
The submission of the answers for the first challenge must be handed in before November 17. On November 24th, the winner of the first challenge will be announced and the price of 25.000 euro will be hand out. With the best plan challenge 2 starts. All teams will use the best plan from challenge 1 as a basis to make a plan of execution. On November 25th there will be more information available about the second challenge which will run till December 11th and the winner of the second challenge will be announced on December 15th.
Sign up for this challenge between September 15th and November 10th with our partners from Soapbox by sending a mail to: email@example.com with your cv. You can sign up by yourself or with a team. Teams will be a mimimum of 2 people. If you sign up by yourself our partners from soapbox will team you up.
Snel kijken wanneer je staat ingeroosterd, eenvoudig je beschikbaarheid doorgeven en reageren op de nieuwste vacatures. Je regelt het bij ons met één app.
Collega\’s maken het werk leuk en de allerleukste collega’s komen natuurlijk uit je eigen netwerk. Daar belonen wij je dankbaar voor want met MY Recruit verdien je cadeaus als je vrienden, familie, klasgenoten of andere kennissen aandraagt. Lees hier meer over de MY Recruit app.